- Stephen Grebinski (@aparatfoto) is a visual artist who uses photography, juxtaposition, and recontextualisation of found images to create evocative and erotic images. Through the use of screen printing, his work is both textural and raw. Of his latest book, Keyed to Masculine Comfort, he says "With this book I combine my personal archive of vintage home decorating manuals with an archive I found on a torrent site of vintage gay hardcore magazines." I have a copy. It's fucking gorgeous. Buy it at http://stephengrebinski.bigcartel.com/, and you can find more of Stephen's zines and prints at queeryoungcowboys.com #buyqueer #queerarts #gayart #publishordie #gay #instagay#gaymen #poc #smallpress #indie #buyindie #shopsmall
- @thetenthzine may be my favorite people on the planet, or they're at least very serious candidates. Their work - the magazine, the short films, the art shows - also called The Tenth, is everything that I love: crucial narratives that highlight the stories often left untold. In their case, it's the stories of gay black men, except it's not just stories: their work is a beacon and a collaboration for a community that has always existed but is so frequently ignored. (Cover boy @epicray22 by @the_compost) You can pre-order their third issue now at thetenthzine.com #buyqueer #blackgaymen #qpoc #queerarts #gayart #publishordie #black #gay #instagay #blackmale #blackmen #gaymen #poc #smallpress #indie #buyindie #shopsmall
- Queer Young Cowboys appreciates that you support queer and small businesses, so we thought we'd give something back: use the discount code SHOPSMALL2015 for 25% off your entire order at queeryoungcowboys.com through Monday, December 1st! That means you can get the hand-bound edition of Will Stockton's brilliant queer poetry book, Brimstone, for less than twenty dollars, or Evan Disaster's collection of watercolor penises for less than four! Any order over thirty dollars gets free shipping! #shopsmall #smallbusinesssaturday #stl #queeryoungcowboys #buyqueer #poetry #gay #gaypoetry #gayart #gayartist #queer #zines #books #publishordie #fuckingradgayshit
- Working with two monitors at Tiny has spoiled me, so it was time for an upgrade to the home office.
- If you're going to buy, #buyqueer. All day/weekend/season/life, we'll be promoting queer artists to support! Let us know your recommendations, and by all means, steal the fucking hashtag! #queer #gay #instagay #lesbian #trans #qpoc #qtpoc #artists #makers #writers
- Repost from @westminsterpress. Super excited that this space is finally opening, and honored that my work and QYC's wish will be available there along with #STL's most exciting queer and/or minority artists. Join us on Dec. 5th for the grand opening! #stl #buylocal #buyqueer #cherokeestreet #cherokee #queeryoungcowboys #queer
- Sean's feet. #queeryoungcowboys #gay #malemodel #instagay #malefeet #photography #publishordie
- @evandisaster's late-night pull-ups.
- Good morning, beautiful. #ohioriver #indiana
- There's a mermaid but no sea.
A few months ago I put out a call for volunteer editors. While I’m not exactly thrilled about asking people to work for Queer Young Cowboys without pay, the reality of running a small press means that either I do everything myself (an untenable situation), or I let people who are interested in helping a […]
Li may be the only writer who could get me to publish a story about a man who turns into a shark, the only writer who could make me fall for a character in a story about a man who turns into a shark. Now she’s nominated for a Lambda Literary Award. You can buy […]
Georgina Li’s Like They Always Been Free is a finalist in the 27th Annual Lambda Literary Awards! In order to celebrate, Queer Young Cowboys is offering a 10% off of Like They Always Been Free! The 27th Annual Lambda Literary Awards–or the “Lammys,” as they are affectionately known–kick off another record-breaking year with today’s announcement […]
Best Queer, a new semi-regular feature highlighting the best queer art and writing on the web. Have a recommendation? Hit me up on Twitter @johnnymurdoc. Westminster Press Westminster Press, the work of QYC intern Tucker Pierce and Nicholas Curry, is kicking into high gear. When my business partner, Tucker Pierce, and I started working on […]
2014 was a good year for Queer Young Cowboys. Our output was on the small side, but I’m immensely proud of the two books we published this year: Going Fast in Loose Directions and Like They Always Been Free could not be more different, but each perfectly represents the idea behind Queer Young Cowboys: honest […]